Tuesday 24 July 2007

Summer Pudding

I had Sunday lunch at The Marquess Tavern again, with some friends I had previously converted to their beefy wonderment. I was very happy to see they still had their summer pudding on the menu. After all that beef, this seemed the obvious dessert to have, the closest approaching-healthy counter-balance there was.I love the way the bread in the summer pudding is chewy without being sodden full of the berry juices. The berries themselves were mostly currants and fruits of the forest, reflecting what is seasonal. It was wonderfully tangy, and the whipped cream on the side helped to balance it nicely. I hope to go berry picking at the end of this week, and aside from jam-making, summer pudding-making is top of my list for what to do with the bounty.

No comments: