Thursday 21 June 2007

Taste Festivals: The Anticipation

Today kicks off the Taste of London Festival, and I have my tickets for tomorrow bought and clenched in my excited, sweaty hands. I've looked through the website, printed out the list of restaurants and the dishes they're offering, and taken my trusty highlighter to the pages.


As ever, my eyes are bigger than my stomach (or more accurately, my appetite is more indulgent than my wallet) so I fear I'll have to whittle down the list. My wishlist includes 114 'crowns' worth of food bits, whereas I've only bought 56 crowns. Sadly, that math just doesn't add up. I don't know, either, if more popular food things will sell out earlier in the evening and so I'll need to gorge myself and then relax, or if I can happily sniff my way through the stalls and stop to eat only when it gets too much to not be eating. Oh the dilemmas - I can see this might need military style planning from me.

In the mean time, some of the restuarants and dishes that have caught my eye are (any links are to the recipe):

No comments: