Wednesday 20 June 2007

Tragedy!

I have scooped the last spoonful from my American-sized jar of peanut butter - and the store that used to stock it does so no longer.

I admit to freebasing peanut butter on a daily basis, usually just with a big soup spoon and a bit of honey to round off the experience. It has become a habit, a culinary tick to fill the time between setting the pasta to boil and draining it. I'll be the first to admit my peanut butter proclivities probably hasn't helped me shift those couple of pounds I keep intending to lose (but inexplicably seem unable to).

It still seems a tragedy, though, that I can't have a thin smear of Skippy on my home made bagels. I shall have to begin a quest - a quest for somewhere in London that sells large jars of American peanut butter and doesn't charge Selfridges-style prices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also a peanut butter fiend - I don't buy it very often, to try and stop myself from becoming the size of a house.

You can get Skippy's in Sainsburys, although I'm not sure about the 'American-sized' jars. Maybe just buy a couple of the smaller ones to keep you going ... ;-)

SAB said...

Have you any friends in the states that can ship you some? I think i know where you can get some "jumbo" sized containers of skippy if that is what your looking for!

P.S. I really like your blog! Your writing is very nice and entertaining! Im a Saffron & Semper Fi! Check it out if you can!