Friday 17 August 2007

Food Blog Round-Up

I was prepared to write about something different in my round-up this week (since I know I concentrate a bit on sustainable food methods and the like) - there was even a smattering of cocktail and drink posts in the blogosphere this week (the Accidental Hedonist's reporting of a mayonnaise margarita being the most..eye catching). But it's also still growing season, and spurred on by a resurgence of food from my vegetable garden, the stories I'm picking up on this week all have to do with growing your own and visiting farms. Celebrate what the summer gives us while we can, me thinks.

  • Clotilde at Chocolate and Zucchini visits a farm near Le Mans, France, and posts a batch of photos from the visit to her Flickr account. It's all very pastoral ideal.
  • Cream Puffs in Venice reminisces about the food gardens of her parents and grandparents, and pays homage to her own patch of edible goods. She also calls attention to My Italian Garden by Viana La Place, which is full of trips to Italy and tips for growing your own garden, and accompanying recipes. My order for the book is duly placed.
  • Foodgoat has a modest first crop that he displays, but also includes a short video showing the deterrent put in place to assure his garden may grow.
  • And appropriately to cap things off, Food Musings has a brief...well, musing...from her grandmother expounding the wisdom of eating freshly picked, local foods. Ah, the wisdom of grandmothers.

Enjoy your weekends!

No comments: